- Relaxing of prohibitory orders and decreasing adherence to public health and social measures observed across the country, particularly outside Kathmandu Valley, in contributing to concerns of a new spike in infections.
- Fear of disease transmission and movement restrictions remain major challenges for patients to access non-COVID-19 health services.
- Daily food and other essential needs of vulnerable families affected by secondary impacts of COVID-19 are largely unmet. Dry spell across western Nepal is compounding food hardships, with winter crop production expected to drop by 40-80%.
- Construction of semi-permanent health desks is completed at two points of entry and ongoing at three additional points of entry (PoEs).
- Eight young children have died in Sarlahi district due to lack of proper drainage systems after falling in road depressions and drainage holes.