- 15 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines have been administered to date, covering 43% of people over 18 will one dose and 32.6% with two.
- Heavy rains have generated a more severe impact than any 2021 monsoon event, with more deaths in one week than over the course of monsoon. Impacts are estimated to be heaviest in agriculture sector with serious implications for food security in the coming months.
- Rapid assessment of crop and agricultural losses in ongoing and will inform medium term planning for Food Security Cluster.
- Cholera/dysentery outbreak in two municipalities requires renewed efforts to contain with reports of cases increasing in four additional municipalities.
- High mobility and low testing during the ongoing festival period leaves the current picture of transmission and cases fuzzy, creating challenges for planning.