- Meeting with provincial Chief Ministers highlighted significant gaps in essential human resources for medical response and huge challenges related to unemployment.
- Procurement of vaccines remains a critical gap and top priority.
- Service delivery is constrained by infection or fear of infection among essential staff who remain unvaccinated.
- Closure of schools with no or limited access to distance learning is reported to be contributing to child labor, child marriage and risky behavior among children.
- Isolation centres are regularly established without consideration of WASH requirements, thereby increasing infection risks.