Re-advertisement: Senior Admin & Finance Assistant
(Open to Nepalese nationals only)
UNESCO Office in Kathmandu seeks applications from qualified and experienced candidates of Nepalese citizens for the following position:
Senior Admin & Finance Assistant
Full-time based in UNESCO Kathmandu Office
Type of Contract
Duration of Contract
5 years maximum
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Admin & Finance Assistant is responsible for providing a range of administrative management support activities to the UNESCO Kathmandu Office. He/She reports directly to the Head of Office with overall guidance from the Bureau of Financial Management.
On matters of financial internal control in their capacity as certifying officer, the incumbent will have a functional reporting line to the Chief Financial Officer. He/ She will receive policy guidance/instructions from relevant sectors within UNESCO on the areas of Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Security and Office Administration. He/She will be assisted in the discharge of his/her duties by the Bureau for Financial Management. In the Field Office, he/she advises and supports the Head of Office or the designate on all financial and administration, budget, financial, human resources management, premises-related and security matters within the Office.
· Completed secondary, technical/vocational education
· At least 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in the areas of administration, finance and/or accounting.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to interpret rules and administrative guidelines and to solve routine and non-routine issues in the field of Human Resources, Finance, and budget.
· Good communication skills (verbally and in writing).
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in multicultural environment with external and internal partners.
· Ability to take initiative, establish priorities, coordinate and monitor own work plan. Discretion and maturity of judgment are required.
· Solid computer skills including advanced knowledge of office software such as Word and Excel.
· Excellent Nepali and English (Understanding, reading, speaking and writing)
· Supplementary training in the field of Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related field would be a strong asset
· Experience operating with United Nations or another international organization's Financial Regulations and Rules and preparation of complex financial statements is desired. Experience using SAP or a similar system ERP is desirable.
· Knowledge on IPSAS and/or IFRS.
The evaluation of qualified candidates may include written tests followed by interviews
Women and members of minority groups including candidates from diverse social groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application including a motivation letter in English and the completed UNESCO CV form, accompanied by a recent passport size photograph and copies of diplomas to:
Head of Office
UNESCO Office in Kathmandu
P.O. Box 14391
The last date for receipt of application is 4 May 2016. UNESCO CV form and post description can be downloaded from the UNESCO Kathmandu website http://www.unesco.org/new/en/kathmandu/about-this-office/single-view/news/re_advertisement_senior_admin_finance_assistant/#.VxhR8nF97ct